By positioning of the body joints and tone holes, this alto recorder can be used by players with either left or right hand disabilities.
This recorder is designed to be used by players who have two or more usable fingers in either hand, in addition, a total of six or more usable fingers in both hands. When seven fingers are available, the lowest tone is f', and when six fingers are available, the lowest tone is g'. In each case, the number of usable fingers need to include one thumb. By positioning of the body joints and tone holes, this alto recorder can be used by players with either left or right hand disabilities. In addition to the head piece, there are six separate sections for holes, fitting smoothly into one another. By rotating the holes and plugging certain holes, the recorder can accommodate fingers that are missing or do not function normally. Once adjusted for an individual's hand, the sections may then be glued into permanent position.
- Dark brown color with ivory-colored mouthpiece & trim
- 47.7 cm in length
- Adapted to be used for either a right or left hand disability
- 6 pieces plus head and foot joint
- Superb voicing
- Curved windway
- Concave bell at the foot joint
- Adjustable finger holes
- Patented double joint permits smooth joining with no air leaks
- Constructed of strong high-class ABS resin
- Lifetime warranty against plastic breakage
- Includes leatherette bag, thumb rest, cleaning rod, joint grease, glue, & rubber ring